It’s here! The next release of ClimbPoint has arrived, and I’m excited about the possibilities for future versions. Before I begin summarizing some of the changes, I’d like to offer my apologies to those of you who were waiting on the edge of your seats for this release — I’ll try not to keep everyone in suspense in the future 🙂
I blogged about some of the improvements way back in June, but I’ll hit the highlights here:
- First and foremost, an easier to use main screen — check out the updated screenshots
- The recent climbers screen is also new, which gives a quick glance at recent checkins
- New options for reports allow you to specify a start and end date
- Database backup and restore is now included — take care of your data!
- Other special options are now available, including the ability to specify half sizes for shoes and to not require a birth date. Look for more options like this in the future!
Along the way I squashed a few bugs, one of which was causing the main screen to seemingly get stuck in maximized mode during special situations. I only had one user encounter this one (thanks Mike!), but one is too many in my book. I also included a couple other optimizations which should make the program more reliable.
In the future I’m planning to add opening and closing checklists, better gear management, scheduled backups, and automatic updates.